Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9 Okmulgee to Bennett Spring State Park, MO

This is going to be short because I have a cold and I'm tired.

We broke camp this morning, in wet conditions, put the tent away wet, and headed out. We went to a gun museum in Claremor, MO. Check out this poster I saw:



We also found a place where we felt at home:




We had a fabulous meal at Clayton's in Vinita, OK. Then we drove to Bennett Sprihg State Park in MO. It's beautiful here. We were able to dry out our tent quite a bit--it would be ok with me if we went a night with no rain. Every night so far it's rained at least a little bit.

We ate dinner at the restaurant at the park. It was really good, plus there's free wi-fi here in the room next to the restaurant. Score!!!! The buildings here were one of the last projects built by the CCC. It's beautiful.

1 comment:

Jenika said...

I don't think that I belong in the nuthouse. that's where you crazy people belong.